A little while back, I wrote about the project DTOx which you could use on the command line to rapidly generate both the class and the test for a "Data Transfer Object". With the latest release, you can now enter all your information via a web interface.
Check it out here: http://dtox.pagodabox.com/
Very little has changed about the actual code generation methods, but some cool front end technologies were employed to bring about this new user interface:
- AngularJS asynchronous updating.
- AngularUI to integrate the CodeMirror editor panes.
- Pagoda Box for rapid deployment and hosting.
- A fresh UI thanks to Twitter Bootstrap, Font Awesome, and Bootswatch.
Here is a list of things I'm thinking about doing in the short term, in no particular order:
- Integration command line documentation into the main website.
- Adding proper validation to the input fields.
- Updating the generation API to more cleanly serve both the web and the console.
- Adding the ability to save the file made
- Adding ability to also make a DTO builder pattern class.
- Improving the web application testing.
If any of these seem more interesting to you than the others, please let me know!